Wednesday, February 29, 2012

Slushy Yuckyness Outside! Eww.

So, from the title of this post, you can probably guess I am not a huge fan of the melted snow cone version of my campus...
I'm thinking warm thoughts... Like this picture taken last summer by a fabulous friend of mine while I rode my trainer's superstar horse. All around good times there!
Since I'm sitting around inside, back at school, trying to avoid Microbiology and Chemistry, I figure I might as well research some new exercises for riding... to Google!
I started by looking up exercises for riding... Specifically- helping with the connection.
This is not an extremely easy search. I think some of these sites want me to breath with my horse and pet him. Different meaning of connection...
And I decided to pass on Wikipedia and WikiHow... at least for now.
Okay, so I need to work on my google skills. Maybe I'll try side reins when I'm lunging in warm-up to see if it makes any difference, or just to see what I can see.
Clicking around though, I found a lot of suggestions for transitions. So, next ride, transition work it is! If I ever make it on Bold- I'm guessing he's gone from bright chestnut to a lovely clumpy brown by now.
Keep warm and safe in the snow!

No comments:

Post a Comment