Thursday, February 23, 2012

Bold

(Sorry for the bad picture!)
This is Bold- He's a Morgan gelding in his early teens. I've adored him for a few years, basically ever since we met, and just last summer/spring got the chance to start riding him. He had a tendon injury, and took a year off, and I was riding at a hunter barn for a year and a half or so after losing my confidence(and with that, a lot of my willingness to ride anything that wasn't 150% bombproof) during a really rough competition season. Bold showed up at the barn Sierra and Sterling are at, and I was thrilled. I rode him a bit over the summer- maybe once a week or every other. I wasn't at a point then where I was comfortable riding him- he felt unbalanced when I was on, and his personality seems spooky- you can sort of see that from the photo above. But when he moved to the barn Polo is at, I wasn't sure I'd be able to ride him anymore, and started to regret not taking advantage of it before.
Okay- time's up for me! Homework calls- I need to get my chem homework done and watch my Microbiology lectures tonight so I can be a clinic tagalong with Maura and Jessi and Jenny this weekend!

No comments:

Post a Comment