Monday, February 27, 2012

Last day of My little break!

So, I obviously have been riding a LOT more than usual lately- seeing how I don't normally have a car at school! But with the parents coming back tomorrow from Hawaii, and having labs and tests tomorrow, today might be my last day to ride during the week! Which might be a good thing......

I went out to ride today with Amanda and her mare (and adorable new puppy!!) which was super fun, butttt wasn't actually a super ride. Bold was just a little too "pull-y" in the contact- just a bit more ahead of the vertical than I would have liked... Amanda and I talked about it and she said he looked like he wasn't quite submitting entirely to the contact. Which I totally agreed with. We were talking a bit more, and she said one of the things Jenny has had her do is really push on the longsides, then collect as much as possible on the short side. We tried that for a while, and he never got quite where I wanted him... Super bummer, but it happens! He was doing his leg-yields better- I told Jenny he had forgot them in my lesson the other day, so she got on and did a few and basically told me "They're still there" aka it's all me right now! he was still a bit twisty through the top of his neck, but hopefully a few days off will get both of us ready to work harder!
The theme for the day seemed to be aaaaaaaaaaaaaalmost... but not quite. At least we're getting closer! I have to remind myself that we haven't been working on this stuff for all that long and it's going to take time for both of us to build some muscles back up.

No comments:

Post a Comment