Wednesday, February 22, 2012

Just Keep Going Forward

I know I haven't introduced all the horses yet, but I was riding Bold, my dressage horsey, today, and kept working on getting him forward. I definitely think it helps a lot- I just need to figure out the reins business. And the shoulders.... We've got work to do, but definitely progressing.
I got on Polo for the first time in about a month and he was super- lovely manners, and very relaxed. I tried to set up scary jumps, but we were over everything on the first try. He did get the wiggles a bit before our first skinny, but if that's the worst, I'm thrilled! He was leaping into his canter departs- very cute. and entirely unphased by the hammering and drilling in the corner. Absolute superstar.
Jessi happened to be out riding when I was on Polo, so I got on Kelso. He's super forward thinking, but tends to be heavy in the reins. Once I pushed him forward and just held with the contact, he became more balanced and round. He's a bit different from Bold in that he gets HEAVIER when I half halt and release a lot, whereas Bold will get lighter. It was a great opportunity to get a feel of a very different horse. And Kelso was a great teacher!

No comments:

Post a Comment