Monday, April 2, 2012

3/30-4/1 How did I get so busy?

I know I said the next post was going to be about sheep lab, but I haven't had the time or motivation yet! I went to my parents on Friday and stayed through Monday morning because my sister had her state gymnastics meet. She was a superstar and won everything but vault. And most of it by a pretty significant margin. So proud!
I did ride this weekend as well! Friday was a kinda lazy ride- Bold and I rode outside with Jessi and Kelso, but weren't super productive. Then I wandered to the indoor where somebody was jumping, so Bold and I decided to pop over a jump, just one. Which became three. Oops, guess I'm just lovin' the jumping these days.
Saturday I had a really nice dressage ride, despite a disagreement about the whip at the canter, which ended with Bold's head to the wall. We did go outside after, and he was just all fired up. I'm not sure we walked straight for more than 2 steps the entire time. Oh horses. I need to start doing trot sets in the fields!
Sunday I had a jump lesson- We did circle/oval jumps and it went really well. Bold's getting in better shape which keeps him more balanced over the fences. He hasn't been sore for a while now, and I think it has a lot to do with keeping him balanced, and keeping an eye on how much I've been working him. He's so good over fences that I don't need to do too much with it yet.
I have videos from Sunday that I will put up soon, but right now I need to type up some test corrections, finish Microbiology lectures, and write out a notecard for my Animal Science exam. Oh, and decide what dressage tests to do for the schooling show at the end of April!

No comments:

Post a Comment