Sunday, March 25, 2012

3/23-3/25 Trails and Jumps!

3/23- Bold and I went out on a trail ride with Melissa and her Morgan Max. We went for about 2 hours and Bold was sweating up a storm... He didn't get that he needed to be relaxed to help with that... Oh well. It was fun, but I could tell Bold wasn't feeling great. He did fine though!
3/24- Since Bold had a tough day on Friday, I took it a bit easy on Saturday. We did some dressage work then ran to the far end of the field and walked back a few times since Bold tends to get a bit barn sour and likes to rush home.
3/25- FABULOUS jump lesson with Jenny. She also had apparel- but I needed a S/XS, so I'll wait for her next order!!! So excited! For jumping- we ended up doing a course- it was oxer around to diagonal vertical, to the bending line (crossrail to vertical) around to the corner.
Bold was fabulous- Jenny and I were both extremely happy- we ended in half the time because everything we jumped went so well, so I took Bold out for a walk around the field. He was pretty good- but had one bolting-spook incident that "popped" my elbow, so I was a bit sore for a while. Ugh horses! I couldn't even be upset with him because he was overall so great. He jumped everything sooooo nicely and even when he was nervous in the field he walked on politely.
Bold has had a few problems with being sore while jumping, but I think the fact that he's fit enough to be doing an appropriate level of work and I'm being very careful with what he's doing and monitoring him carefully, and he's doing extremely well.

No comments:

Post a Comment